Relieve the pain and inflammation of Chronic Lower Back Pain.
Erchonia’s new FDA market cleared laser has been proven in clinical tests to effectively treat this painful condition. There are other treatments available for back pain such as cannabis pain relief, but the healing powers of this low level laser technology can reduce inflammation and eliminate pain in the lower back and often return people to an active life style after just a few weeks of treatment.
The FX 635 is proven to promote cellular function through painless bio-stimulation. It provides patients experiencing chronic lower back pain with a non-invasive, efficacious solution to quickly improve their quality of life without surgery.
Most of you have heard of lasers being used in other ways as this. The word lasers brings up thoughts of cutting or burning, lasik surgery to improve vision or even using lasers to prevent hair growth or remove tattoos. But the Erchnoia FX 635 is very low power and doesn’t burn at all. Even though you don’t feel the lasers, they’re restoring energy production to cells so they can perform their normal functions. Tight muscles loosen, healing increases and best of all, pain decreases, oftentimes as you’re laying on the table.
What about Opioids or NSAIDS for pain relief?
Opioids are not the answer to treating lower back pain. Highly addictive and only have a minimal effectiveness of 30% pain reduction anyway. NSAIDS like aspirin, ibuprofen and Tylenol hardly touch the pain plus have lot’s of side effects.
Low Level Laser Therapy is a more effective option for treating chronic lower back pain of musculoskeletal origin that has been proven successful with no side effects or adverse events. Plus the results last unlike medications.
The Two Most Important Areas to Treat for Almost All Low Back Pain Patients
The Lower Back with the person face down
I know this seems obvious, but if the lower back is tight or has marble like knots in it that are causing the pain, then I must treat this area.
The marble’s that people feel in their lower back get smaller and smaller as the laser shines on them and eventually disappear. These marble like knots can literally feel like a bag of marbles or be the size of bb’s, but they can cause a lot of pain either way.
The Hip Flexors with the person face up
This one is not obvious, but the primary hip flexor called the Psoas Muscle is a low back muscle that you access from the front. It connects to the front of all five lumbar vertebra.
To not treat this area is insane and can lead to failure. Treating the hip flexors alone usually gives 70% of low back pain sufferers tremendous relief within 30 minutes. The other 30% get relief when you laser the back directly.
The solution is to treat both areas and focus on the area that gives the most relief.
This can usually be figured out during your first visit because I do both areas to see which gives the best result.
How Much Does This Cost?
It varies a lot from provider to provider, but I only charge $40 for a 30 minute treatment. Now if you’re a first time patient at my office there’s also an initial $55 history/exam charge. But this isn’t thousands of dollars. In fact, to recreate the amount of care in the study above for 160 minutes of laser exposure, this would have cost $55+ $40(160/30) = $267 in my office. Lasers are not covered by insurance anyway. Even if they were covered I would have to charge more to hire an insurance person to handle the extra work. This is how crazy our healthcare system has gotten.
I recently discontinued taking health insurance due to the high cost of managing the paperwork involved with it. I had a patient who came in for a visit who I hadn’t seen for about a year that used to use his insurance for payment. I said to him that we don’t take insurance anymore and he seemed upset and said “We’ll treat this time, but I may not come back.” I told him it was only $40 and his whole attitude changed from annoyed to embarrassed. He thought it was at least $200 every time he came in. I said, “I wish.” Later I asked him why he thought it was so high? He didn’t have a good explanation, but many people believe that without insurance they simply cannot afford healthcare of any kind. That’s unfortunate and is part of the lack of transparency in health care procedures and their associated fees.
What Does It Look and Feel Like?
Play the short video to see what it looks like. As for what it feels like, there’s nothing to tell. You don’t feel anything…no different than shining a flashlight on someone. HOWEVER, something amazing happens. The laser light penetrates into your muscles and re-invigorates your mitochondria to produce more cellular energy called ATP. The more energy you make in your muscles the more they relax. The less energy you make in your muscles the tighter they are, similar to rigor mortis, the stiffening of muscles several hours after death.
Often people feel their muscles relaxing as they just lay there. No effort, no stretching, no strengthening, no rolling the muscles, no massage. It’s absolutely amazing, plus the results last. In fact, people often say more changes happen afterwards. This is because the muscles are now making more energy allowing the cells to detoxify, make new blood vessels and repair poor or damaged tissue. So Cool…
Don’t forget about the hip flexors:
As amazing as the result are from the study that got the FDA Clearance for Chronic Lower Back Pain, they missed a very key group of muscles involved in lower back pain. The hip flexors made up of the Psoas Major and Iliacus muscles which are better accessed from the front of the body. Now applying the lasers directly to the back is amazing, but the hip flexors are really important to treat.
- If you’re low back hurts more when lying on your back without something under your knees then your hip flexors are really bad.
- If you’re low back hurts more when lying on your stomach then your hip flexors are also really bad.
The video to the right shows how your Psoas Major connects from all five lower back vertebra (L1-L5) to the front/inside of your hip. You have two Psoas Major muscles. One on the left and one on the right. When it’s tight it pulls forward on all your lumbar vertebra especially when your legs are extended. It’s complicated to explain and the video makes it obvious.
Don’t bother stretching your hip flexors either. It won’t help because those muscles are tight due to a lack of energy production at the cellular level. It would be like trying to stretch the muscles of a dead person in full rigor mortis. It’s absolutely silly.
Shine the lasers on the hip flexors from the front and they start loosening usually within minutes. Patients often feel their low back relaxing down to the table as they lay on their back. It’s really fun and makes believers out of people rather quickly.
The Study that got the FDA 501k Clearance for Chronic Lower Back Pain
- Fifty-eight (58) subjects completed the study: 29 randomized to the active procedure group and 29 randomized to the placebo group.
- Subjects were males and females 18 years or older with episodic chronic low back pain of musculoskeletal origin lumbar sprain or strain etiology and rating 40 or greater on the 0 to 100 Visual Analog Pain Scale (VAS).
- Average subject age was 45.57 years. Subject gender was evenly distributed amongst males (47%) and females (53%). The majority of subjects were Caucasian (69%); followed by Hispanic (14%), African American (8.5%) and Asian (8.5%).
- Average subject duration of low back pain was 97.8 months (approx. 8 years).
- The majority of subjects (79%) had low back pain on both the right and left sides with an average pain rating at the time of study entry of 59.10 on the 0 to 100 Visual Analog Scale (VAS).
- Subjects received eight 20-minute procedure administrations across the lower back region with the Erchonia® FX-635™ laser (active or sham) across a four-week period: two procedures per week, each procedure three to four days apart.
- Subjects agreed to use only the study pain relief medication of over-the-counter (OTC) Tylenol to relieve any low back pain, as needed, throughout study participation and to record this usage in a daily diary.
- Subjects were instructed not to record a VAS pain rating any sooner than six hours after taking a dosage of the study pain relief rescue medication.
- For test subjects, mean low back pain VAS ratings decreased progressively from pre-procedure through endpoint evaluation, indicating a progressive and cumulative treatment effect of the laser.
- For placebo subjects, there was a slight initial placebo effect with low back pain ratings returning to near baseline levels by endpoint.
Don’t wait any longer:
This new therapy isn’t new. It’s been used for decades in Russia with great results. Only in America if you mention lasers do people not know what you’re talking about. In Russia, lasers are a standard of care. Here in America, drugs are the standard of care. It’s just what we do here. Lasers need to be a standard of care, used in many different conditions. Even if you’re really healthy, lasers increase health even more.
These lasers are so safe, they can be used right on a person’s head to help with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, concussions, strokes and more. The research on this topic, done by MD’s and PhD’s is changing monthly. You haven’t seen anything yet.